Software apps and online services
Well, that's the paraphrased context of quote that I would like to begin with explaining the detailed procedure pertaining to the 'Driving Parameters Analysis System' using Mediatek LinkIt One platform.
In view of the increasing mishaps and accidents due to the negligence of the driver, a precautionary monitoring system needs to be established. Hence, the solution 'Driving Parameters Analysis System' is put forth to facilitate the hassle-free transportation and the care that has to be perceived by every driver. With the incorporated concepts of Internet of Things and Cloud Computing, this system is deployed to analyze the driving skills of a person for application in many spheres.
DETAILED PROCEDURE OF THE MAKING
Of course, Mediatek LinkIt One with its well-served features of being offered with GSM, GPRS, Bluetooth, SD Cards, MP3/AAC Audio, GNSS and WiFi, the wearable and transit system based devices is well within the making.Let's explore on how to deploy the Driving Parameters Analysis System.
Using Mediatek LinkIt One
On getting started with LinkIt One, the best explanation can be followed in the portal as follows :
Using Mediatek Cloud Sandbox
On deploying this system globally, Mediatek Cloud Sandbox enhances the cloud computing techniques with its wide range of built-in widgets, options and features.
- Start by getting yourself registered on the portal :
- Now, create a prototype with the following information. Any name can be used and I am using here in accordance with my project development.
- Click Save and you will observe the following data as shown in the picture:
- At next, create data channel for GPS as follows:
- Follow the same procedure in creating the other data channels.
- Finally, click 'Create Test Device' on the right top portion and enter the following information. Here, I have mentioned 'LinkIt One for Driver'.
- Click Create.
- Well, done ! Now under 'Data Channel', the view of all created channels is available for the test device. Make sure to note the Device ID and Device Key to use it in Arduino code. With an unique ID and key corresponding to the GPS location, the conception of 'connected cars' comes into play. In fact, any person relating to erroneous driving skills can be communicated to the other person driving nearby the vehicle so that he/she can be alert and respond appropriately.
- Now, upload the Arduino code into LinkIt one and you will observe the status to be 'On line'. As an implementation testing, the rotary angle sensor is connected to the servo motor of the robotic car developed, whose DC Motor compared to the real vehicle's engine can be controlled accordingly based on the pattern of driving. The data channels will be found to be updating automatically.
Using Mediatek Cloud Sandbox - Smart Phone Application
- Download the application from the link as follows:
- Now, you will be able to observe the same updated data in the mobile platform.
- Thanks to Mediatek Cloud Sandbox application, your pattern of driving skills is well within your pocket.
Establishing the alert system
"Prevention is better than cure" goes the saying. To go by, let's create an alert based system to prevent the accidents if the driving skills of a person is reportedly known to be poor, subjected to rash driving or high speed cases.
- Under Trigger & Action, the user can create the various alerts as required.
- In the example presented, an email alert is created. On the values being reported above threshold levels, a warning mail is being pushed into the driver's inbox.
Hurray ! Hope you had a great time with the making tutorial. Indeed, it was a blessing in disguise to share my insights with you guys.
Let's catch up with the video of the implementation testing.
• Driving skills of a person can be reported to facilitate a trusted mass transit system with relevance to school and college transportation, metropolitan and smart city bus network, cabs.etc
• Rash driving and speed violation cases will be automatically reported leading to cancellation of license in extreme situations, thus benefiting the license issuing organizations and regional transport corporations.
• Accidents due to carelessness of driver will not be subjected to insurance claims which will in turn enhance the provision with reference to skills of the driver.
As a result, accidents occurring due to negligence of driver can reduce in number since an overall precautionary system is established through continual monitoring of this proposed system. Urban areas in specific to Metropolitan and Smart cities will benefit to a great extent and can prove very useful in nations with high vehicle densities. Further, a good driver of an automobile powered by petrol or diesel will be subjected to a high fuel efficiency rate signifying the right pattern of driving. Hence, an eco-friendly nature of utilizing the resources as per the necessity in limited quantities is also enhanced in this system as an efficient measure of saving energy for the future.
As simple as that, kudos to you for knowing the implementation of the 'Driving Parameters Analysis System' using the essential aspects of Mediatek LinkIt One and enhanced prospects of Mediatek Cloud Sandbox.
That's probably the end of the road with accidents !
Perhaps, the beginning of a road with endless possibilities ...
Meet you all in another project stuff ! Thanks !!