Software apps and online services
Hand tools and fabrication machines
I built this device to have a simple way to monitor the status of an application running on Heroku.
If you work in a office as a developer, it is an important information to have already available!
Use the schematic attached to wire the LCD to the Smart 7688 Duo:
Connect the device to your PC, through usb (use the port on the bottom side, like in the photos).
- Follow this instruction to setup the password of the device and the root account: https://iamblue.gitbooks.io/linkit-smart-nodejs/content/en/intro/getting_start.html
- And than setup the wifi station mode https://iamblue.gitbooks.io/linkit-smart-nodejs/content/en/intro/setting_wifi.html
I made a video to explain how to build the project:
Even if the script is built to monitor an heroku application, it is very easy to build another script and show on the LCD something different without changing the arduino side of the code.
For example you can create on linux side a script for:
- show facebook likes of a page
- show the bitcoin price
- show the weather forecast
The only requirement are:
- your script doesn't output more than 16 lines
- each line is no more than 16 characters each
If you want to change these requirements, you have to change the arduino side.